09 August, 2007

Interview with my Flickr friend Philippe (Pilou@ttitude)







1. How did you first get interested in photography? And are
you self taught?

Well it's a long history... My grandfather and my father had a store of photograph. I worked a long time with them and I did much black and white because it was free for me;)
And then I left to live my life... travel, childs, wife etc... I returned to the photograph in 1990.
I was a salesman for the cameras "Sinar" during 10 years. I met many photographers who work in studio. It was enthralling to see them working with the light. I learned much.

2. Do you have a favourite walk around lens? If so, what is
it ?

I work mainly with a Sigma 10/20mm and a Zoom Nikon 80/400mm
Thanks to these 2 lenses I can (almost) cover the whole of my needs!

3. What equipment and software do you use ?

My equipment:

- 2 eyes
- Nikon D200 with zoom Nikkor 80 – 400mm VR f/4,5 – f/5,6 D
- Nikon D200 with zoom Nikkor 18 – 70mm f3,5 – f/22 DX
- Fish Eye Nikkor 10,5mm 2,8G ED
- Micro Nikkor 105mm VR f/2,8
- Sigma 10 - 20mm f/4,5 - 5,6 D
- Flash Nikon SB 800

Mac of course!!!
I made several formations with Photoshop, I looked further into the chromy well.
I like this soft. I work much with! For me a numerical photograph is a crude of scan which
needs to be worked. Gently nevertheless with the curves;-)))

4. Which one item of equipment is the most important for
you ?

Batteries, memory board and gourd;)


5. How do you decide on locations and subjects ?

I find places by doing many kilometers to feet and in the car. I read also magazines which enable me to find new places...


6. What are your favorite subjects to photograph ?

Beauties of nature. They are really infinite!

7. What continues to inspire you as a photographic artist ?

Nature always and still!!!

8. What is the one thing that you have not captured on
camera you feel you need to express ?

I think that one day I would be ready to make portrait. But I have still many
things to learn before... on human of course; -)

9. What other artists have influenced your work ?
Honestly I have very little reference... I am very an autodidact

10. What other talents do you possess besides photography ?

And is there another area of talent you would like to
explore?
I play some guitar since 20 years... Blues and a little jazz. I will like stronger in jazz...

11. Have you met other flick rites in person, and how was
the experience ?

I met friends of Flickr little time ago and it was really brilliant! (Hello to Michaela, Arnaud and Pierre;)

12. Any words of advice for those who would like to dig
deeper into photography ?

To observe the life around oneself and to try to be original. We can make photographs of anything but not anyhow...

13. Of all the photos you've taken, what is your favorite
and why ?

I often change opinion... that depends on my mood...

14. If you could change anything on flickr, what would it
be ?

The system is not perfect... but which or what is perfect???
Flickr is the fast-food of images it is necessary to make with!

These are the photos that Philippe want to show us in this interview:



1) Red spot



2) Seeds of Life



3) Before the Thunderstorm





Thanks to Philippe for his ultra fast reply and for teaching us that a square format photo looks great in the thumbnails.

Angie_real aka Angela Lobefaro

3 comments:

genevieve.van.doren said...

the intervieuw is short but efficient,and i like the answers of Philippe...he is intelligent and always correct with the people from Flickr,and a lot sens of humor...

genevieve.van.doren said...

short intervieuw,but efficient...Philippe make very good photos is intelligent,and a lot of sens of humor...we love him very much on Flickr.

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this interview and of course learning more about Philippe - good job Angie!
Julian (freelancevirtuoso)